It is never fun to be involved in a work-related or car accident. It can cause undue stress, anxiety, pain, and suffering. The most common mistake made by individuals after these types of accidents is playing the wait and see the game. The mantra “No pain, no gain” is definitely not true in these cases.

Seeking treatment within 72 hours and reporting the incident to your insurance company or employer is key in getting proper documentation and medical expense coverage. Talking to your employer or insurance company to get coverage can be intimidating and confusing. Listed below are some answers to common questions you may have. If a question of yours is not listed below call us at 503-252-5911 and we will do our best to find a solution for you.

request an appointment

Should I seek medical care after a work or auto accident?
Seeking medical or chiropractic attention after an injury caused at work or by a car accident can help significantly reduce your pain levels and help increase your functional ability in the short and long term. At Infinite Vitality the doctors specialize in auto injuries and can tailor care to your specific needs/injury(ies). In office you will receive chiropractic care that will include massage therapy, physical therapy, exercises and nutritional support. All of which play a key role in returning your health back to pre-injury levels.

How do I get my treatment covered after an auto accident?
In Oregon, whether YOU were at fault or the OTHER person was at fault you have to call YOUR insurance company and open up a PIP claim to receive a claim number. Give them the name and number of the other driver and any witness’s. It is important to call and report the accident to the police and to take photos of the damages caused by the car accident. Once you talked with your insurance company and gotten a claim number present the claim number and the phone number to your insurance company to a staff member at Infinite Vitality – Kirchem Chiropractic and they will take care of the rest. Typically In the state of Oregon, your care should be 100% covered.

How do I get my treatment covered with an on the job injury?
If you are hurt on the job you must immediately report it to your manager/supervisor and have the injury documented. Your employer will have to fill out a Workers’ compensation claim form 801, to report job injury or illness. Once the injury has been documented at work and your employer and the 801 forms has been filed, all you have to do is schedule an appointment with Infinite Vitality – Kirchem Chiropractic and we will take care of the rest.

***It is important to note, Workers’ compensation will only cover your injuries if you are an employee, meaning you will receive a W2 for tax reporting purposes. If you are a contracted individual you have to meet the guidelines set out by Oregon Workers’ compensation to receive coverage.

Should I see a Chiropractor for a work or auto accident?
Chiropractic care is a great alternative to pain killers and muscle relaxers. At Infinite Vitality – Kirchem Chiropractic the physicians use various therapies such as massage, exercises, and several physical therapy modalities to help safely eliminate pain, inflammation and tension. It is important to address all aspects of health to properly rehabilitate and strengthen areas of injury that have been caused by a work or auto accident.

What is PIP Coverage?
Personal Injury Protection, also known as PIP, coverage is a form of insurance that is provided to you through your automotive policy. If you have valid insurance on your vehicle you are covered no matter who was at fault for causing the auto accident. PIP coverage includes:

  • Medical expenses
  • ER visits and ambulance
  • Funeral expenses
  • Income loss
  • Pain and suffering

Coverage in Oregon is good for up to $15,000.

What is Med Pay?
Medical Payments, also known as Med Pay, is commonly confused with PIP coverage. You purchase through your auto insurance carrier and it is designed to pay:

  • Funeral expenses
  • Necessary Medical Services
  • EMT or Ambulance
  • X-rays
  • Chiropractic Treatments
  • ER

Med pay benefits are paid no matter who is at fault. Med pay will cover your passengers. How much coverage is dependent upon your plan.